Did you know that East Tennessee is to wake and ski boats what Detroit is to cars? Knox, Loudon, Monroe, and Blount counties are a mecca for boat building. Boating on Tellico Lake is second to none.
Why the Tellico Lake Region?
- 3,500 workers employed in marine manufacturing
- 6 area lakes part of the TVA System
- 8 hour drive to 75% of the US market
- TN Marine Institute at Tellico
- 15 original equipment manufacturers
- 89.3% cost of living
- Top 15 ranking in business taxes by the Tax Foundation
- Ease of navigation to the Gulf
- Located at the crossroads of interstates I-40 and I-75
- 6 premier waterfront master-planned golf communities within a 15 minute drive
- Within a 30 minute drive to Knoxville Regional Airport, downtown Knoxville, and the University of Tennessee Knoxville
- There are 20+ boating parts manufacturers in the region
The Tellico Lake Region is home to Sea Ray, Brunswick Boat Group, Christensen Yachts, MasterCraft Boats, Skier’s Choice, Malibu Boats, Yamaha, Tennessee Watercraft, Bryant Boats, Allison Boats, and Hydrasports Custom.